G/T Core 30 Online: Engaging Gifted and Talented Students with Depth, Breadth, and Complexity Online - 28665
The purpose of this online course is to not only contribute to the GT 30-hour requirement but to also provide participants with an understanding of Depth and Complexity with a variety of strategies that can be implemented in their classroom. Along with a newfound understanding of the Texas Performance Standards Project (TPSP), Depth and Complexity will be examined through the lens of the eight elements of depth: Language of the Discipline, Details, Patterns, Trends, Rules, Ethics, Unanswered Question, and Big Ideas (Concepts). Participants will contribute to the discussion boards, share their own experiences, and research-related information. This workshop is aligned to the Texas SBEC teaching standards for Gifted Education and the combined standards set forth by the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and the National Association for Gifted Children.
Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Instructional Leaders, Teacher - General Education
To begin your session, 2 hours after registration, log into the online classroom at https://esc11.instructure.com. Your username is your email address. Your password should match what was used during registration. If you are unable to recall your password, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 32
Registration Deadline 3/25/2022
Credit Type G/T - Curriculum
T-PESS 1A,1B,1C & 1D
Clinton Rodriguez ESC Region 11
This session has already started, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 1/17/2022 8:00 am
- Creativity and Critical Thinking for GT Students (GT Core 30)
- Digital Tools in the Secondary Math: Part 4 - Computation Layer
- Engaging Gifted Students by Adding Depth and Complexity (GT Core 30)
- Fake News and Film Studies: Gifted Strategies for Media Literacy (GT 6-Hour Update)
- G/T Core 30 Online: Creativity and Critical Thinking Strategies for Gifted and Talented Students - Online
- G/T Core 30 Online: Differentiation, Extension, and Enrichment for Gifted and Talented Students - Online
- G/T Core 30 Online: Nature and Needs of Gifted and Talented Students - Online
- Identification and Assessment of Gifted/Talented Students (GT Core 30)
- Models of Differentiated Instruction for GT Students (GT Core 30)
- Nature and Needs of GT Students (GT Core 30)