ONLINE: Uniquely Human -- A Different Way of Seeing Autism (BOOK STUDY) Virtual - 27133
"Autism is not an illness. It is a different way of being human. Children and adults with autism progress through developmental stages as we all do. To help them be successful, we do not need to 'fix' them. We need to understand them and then change ourselves -- our beliefs, attitudes, and actions. This is the philosophy of Dr. Barry Prizant, and Uniquely Human is the culmination of his life's work." Uniquely Human (A Different Way of Seeing Autism) is essential reading for any teacher of a person with autism. Join us as we work through Dr. Prizant's book, "Uniquely Human."
Teacher - Special Education, Charter School Personnel, Counselors, Diagnosticians, Speech Therapists, Teacher - General Education
Course Notes: Each participant will receive a copy of "Uniquely Human" by Dr. Barry Prizant. This is a group class through Google Classroom. Assignments will be completed and turned in through the Google Classroom platform. Participants will meet via Zoom every other Tuesday from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm to discuss the two chapters assigned. (February 2nd to April 27th)
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left Wait list full
Registration Deadline 5/11/2021
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Michael Tucker ESC Region 11, Katie Adams ESC Region 11
This session has reached its capacity, and is no longer open for enrollment.
Offered Again On
- 2/2/2021 4:00 pm
- 2(pi)@r11 PK-12 Mathematics Virtual Conference
- Developing Self Determination Skills: Problem-Solving (Youth) - Virtual
- Developing Self-Determination Skills: Showcase and Discussion (Youth) - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Science Digital Interactive Notebooking for K-5 - Virtual
- Literacy for All! Designing Inclusive Literacy Learning Environments, Foundational Literacy Skills, Kindergarten to Grade 12 (focus on grades 4-12) - Virtual
- Literacy for Little Ones: Developing Early Braille Skills for Young Children - Professional Version (TVI)
- Restorative Practice: Simple Community Circles and Getting-to-Know-You Tips - Virtual
- See Me. Know Me. BE ME!! - An Immersion Experience - Spring 2021 - Online
- Texas Transition Fair for Students Who Are Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing - Online
- Tuesday Tips for Increasing Confidence and Perseverance: Building Self-Efficacy - Virtual