Region 11 Teaching Lab - Critical Reading, Writing, and Speaking (all content areas) - 22427
The Critical Reading/Writing/Speaking Teaching Lab will help you successfully use student discourse in your daily lessons in any subject area and to use writing as a thinking tool for your students. We will practice turn & talk techniques, annotation, and questions to stretch student thinking. Region 11 Teaching Labs are active learning experiences in which participants will learn and practice essential skills for success in the classroom. Teaching Lab participants will experience explicit opportunities to interact with Region 11 coaches and practice new skills. You will leave with the confidence to use specific strategies in your classroom immediately. Each stand-alone teaching lab focuses on a different aspect of effective instruction to maximize student learning, and each lab is aligned with T-TESS to better help you reach your professional development goals. T-TESS 1.4; 2.1
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Special Education, Assistant Principals, Charter School Personnel, Teacher - Bilingual, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher Certification Candidate, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Bite-Size Summer Learning Series: Restorative Practice Simple Circles and Getting-to-Know-You Tips - Virtual
- ELAR TEKS Overview for Teachers, K-4 - Virtual
- From Meets to Masters: Gifted Strategies to Help ALL Students Grow - Virtual
- Literator Love - Virtual
- Small-Group Math Instruction and Differentiation, Grades 3-8
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Internet Safety - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Sexual Harassment - Online
- Teacher of the Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing Online Book Study: "The Writing Strategies Book" by Serravallo (Spring Session) - Online
- Teaching to the Top: Lesson Design with the Gifted Learner in Mind - Virtual
- Virtual - A New Year on the Horizon! Preparing for a Balanced Literacy Classroom - Virtual