G/T Core 30 Online: Engaging Gifted and Talented Students with Depth, Breadth, and Complexity - 28665
The purpose of this online course is to not only contribute to the GT 30-hour requirement but to also provide participants with an understanding of Depth and Complexity with a variety of strategies that can be implemented in their classroom. Along with a newfound understanding of the Texas Performance Standards Project (TPSP), Depth and Complexity will be examined through the lens of the eight elements of depth: Language of the Discipline, Details, Patterns, Trends, Rules, Ethics, Unanswered Question, and Big Ideas (Concepts). Participants will contribute to the discussion boards, share their own experiences, and research-related information. This workshop is aligned to the Texas SBEC teaching standards for Gifted Education and the combined standards set forth by the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and the National Association for Gifted Children.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Instructional Leaders, Teacher - General Education
To begin your session, 2 hours after registration, log into the online classroom at https://esc11.instructure.com. Your username is your email address. Your password should match what was used during registration. If you are unable to recall your password, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Amplify Reading - Cracking the Code in the Phonics Progression
- Enhancing Research and Presentation Skills for Gifted and Talented Students (GT Update)
- GT 30 Core Series - Course 3: Models of Differentiated Instruction (MD)
- GT 30 Core Series - Course 4: Creativity and Critical Thinking for Gifted/Talented Students (CCT)
- GT 30 Core Series - Course 5: Engaging Gifted Students by Adding Depth and Complexity (DC)
- GT Update - Building Your GT Toolbox
- GT Update - Texas Performance Standards Project (TPSP) Level 1
- Online GT 30 Core Series - Course 3: Models of Differentiated Instruction (MD) - Online
- Online GT 30 Core Series - Course 4: Creativity and Critical Thinking for Gifted/Talented Students (CCT) - Online
- Online GT Update - Engaging the Experts: Professor Scott Peters (3 Hours) - Online