Understanding Your Math Standards: Whole Number Concepts K-5 - 28391
K -5 math teachers will be able to deconstruct grade-level TEKS into what students must know and be able to do in a mathematics lesson. In this face-to-face session, the focus will be on using concrete to pictorial to abstract modes of instruction and scaffolding in order to teach whole number concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and place value. Connections between multiple understanding of key concepts within a strand and across strands of the mathematics TEKS will be discussed.
Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Assistant Principals, Instructional Leaders, Principals, Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 45
Registration Deadline 9/22/2021
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Michelle Green ESC Region 11, Kelsie Lumadue ESC Region 11, Caitlin Cook ESC Region 11
This session’s start date is less than 4 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 9/22/2021 9:00 am
- All Aboard! Early Childhood Beginning Teacher Academy (ECSE, PK, K Teachers)
- All Hands on Deck: Using Manipulatives in Reading and Math (K-2)
- Choice Boards for Little Learners - Virtual
- CIRCLE Preschool Foundations (Two-Day Training)
- D/HH Issues for Itinerant Teachers of the Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing and Parent Advisors: A Face-to-Face Networking Opportunity
- Digital Dive into Manipulatives: Addition and Subtraction Concepts K-5 Virtual Session - Virtual
- Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Virtual Networking Meetings - Virtual
- Let's Talk Numbers: Number Talks in Early Childhood Math - Virtual
- R-1-1 Math Now: K-5 Numeracy Routines - An Asynchronous Professional Learning Session - Online
- Tying It All Together - Los Fresnos CISD