Bite-Size Summer Learning Series: Visual and Manual Communication: Using Sign Language in the Classroom and Therapy Room - LIVE ONLINE - 27521
Sign language can be a useful communication tool utilized in classrooms by aiding in language comprehension as well as providing an expressive outlet for those who struggle to communicate. In this virtual session, we will explore the foundational elements of sign language; identify the benefits, barriers, and considerations when using sign language with students; and learn basic signs to utilize in your classroom and therapy room. This workshop is an introductory course and intended for special education teachers and speech-language pathologists wanting to incorporate sign language into instructional routines and therapy. This session will provide ASHA CEUs. Additional information can be found here: https://www.esc11.net/Page/9254
Speech Therapists, Teacher - Special Education
Have two or three hours? Come join us this summer as we offer a series of mini sessions on evidence-based strategies that will help you improve student learning. The intended outcome is that participants will increase their repertoire of learning strategies that have been shown to be effective for learners with unique learning needs. This session is a live virtual session held via ZOOM.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session is closed for registrations.
Offered Again On
- Statewide SLP Webinar #1: Best Practices in Non-biased Assessment of English Learners with Potential and Actual Language Impairment
- Statewide SLP Webinar #2: Practical Intervention Strategies and Materials for SLPs Serving English Learners with Language Impairment
- Statewide SLP Webinar #3: I Used to Have a Handle on Life, But It Broke: Stress Management for School SLPs in a Post-Pandemic World
- Statewide SLP Webinar #4: Approaches to Service Delivery for the School-Based SLP
- Statewide SLP Webinar #5: Speech Impairment (SI) Legal
- Statewide SLP Webinar #6: Social Pragmatic Communication Assessment
- Statewide SLP Webinar #7: Social-Pragmatic Communication Treatment
- Statewide SLP Webinar #8: Unique Speech-Language Therapy -- Wonderful Websites with Practical Therapy Tips
- Visual Phonics (See the Sound) - Virtual