STAAR Science Focus on Success Secondary - 20389
As we striveto help students be successful, it can be challenging to know where to start and what will work best. The session emphasis starts with looking at and breaking down Region 11 data from the lowest STAAR reporting category. Items that impact student success include content/concept literacy, struggles with content vocabulary, critical thinking, and ongoing assessment of understanding. Strategies and supports for struggling learners that address those impact areas will be embedded. Time during the session will be allotted for participants to build or develop classroom-ready supports to take back and use in the classroom based upon your individual needs.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Assistant Principals, Teacher Certification Candidate
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left Full
This session has reached its capacity, and is no longer open for enrollment, or has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- A New Year on the Horizon! Preparing for a Balanced Literacy Classroom
- Cell Structure and Function and Body Systems for Grade 7
- Geography & World Culture
- Project-Based Learning Academy (2019-2020 school year)
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Classroom Culture
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Critical Reading, Writing, and Speaking (all content areas)
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - High-Impact Questioning
- Talking across the Aisle: Take Winning off the Table
- Using Google in History
- Who Said Teaching Boys Was Challenging?