Using Canvas to Meet the Needs of Gifted and Talented Learners - 31255
Learn how to utilize Canvas to differentiate instruction for your gifted and advanced learners. This three-hour GT Update session will focus on designing advanced-level learning experiences that lead to the development of sophisticated products and/or performances, as required in the Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted/Talented Students. Participants will learn how to leverage Canvas features such as Modules, Assignments, Quizzes, and Discussions while using strategies to adapt and modify the depth, complexity, and pacing of the curriculum to meet the unique needs of learners, provide targeted feedback, and monitor student progress. By the end of the session, participants will have practical ideas and strategies they can immediately implement in their own Canvas courses to support the academic success of gifted and advanced students.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Coordinators, Instructional Leaders, Instructional Technology Personnel
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2023-2024 Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Virtual Networking Meetings - Virtual
- Amplify Reading - Small-Group Instruction
- Connecting Reading and Writing in the ELAR Classroom (3-12)
- Gifted Minds, Gifted Reads: A Professional Book Study Series -- A Teacher's Toolbox for Gifted Education
- Research-Based Instructional Strategies (RBIS) for Reading Language Arts (RLA)
- Tips for Accelerated Learning Online Series: Cooperative Learning - Online
- Tips for Accelerated Learning Online Series: Motivational Techniques - Online
- Tips for Accelerated Learning Online Series: Scaffolding - Online - Online
- Using Canvas in Social Studies Classrooms - Online
- Wheels Up! Elementary New Teacher Academy (Grades 3-5)