Online GT 30 Core Series - Course 5: Engaging Gifted Students by Adding Depth and Complexity (DC) Online - 30380
Depth and Complexity is one training in a five-part series designed to meet the requirements of the Texas Administrative Code and the Texas State Plan for the Education of Gifted/Talented Students. In this online course, participants will learn about Depth and Complexity through the lens of the eight elements of depth (Language of the Discipline, Details, Patterns, Trends, Rules, Ethics, Unanswered Question, and Big Ideas) and the three elements of Complexity (Change Over Time, Points of View, and Across the Disciplines). Participants will contribute to the discussion boards, share their own experiences, and research related information. The objectives will be met through internet investigations, threaded collaborative discussions, quizzes, and assignments. This session counts as part of the initial 30 hours.
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Counselors, Instructional Leaders, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
To begin your session, two hours after registration, log into the online classroom at https://esc11.instructure. Your username is your email address. Your password should match what was used during registration. If you are unable to recall your password, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 57
Registration Deadline 12/8/2023
Credit Type G/T CORE- Depth & Complexity
Gypsy Mishoe ESC Region 11
This session has already started, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 9/18/2023 8:00 am
- Amplify Reading - Facilitating Lesson Rehearsal/Observation and Feedback
- Canvas for New Teachers Lunch & Learn: Assignments (Virtual) - Virtual
- Canvas for New Teachers Lunch & Learn: Quizzes (Virtual) - Virtual
- Elementary (2-5) ELAR Writing Calibrations and Trend Analysis: STAAR and Beyond
- Gifted Minds, Gifted Reads: A Professional Book Study Series -- A Teacher's Toolbox for Gifted Education
- Sail Away! Early Childhood Beginning Teacher Academy (First and Second Grade Teachers)
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Bullying Prevention - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act - Online
- Tips for Accelerated Learning Online Series: Cooperative Learning - Online
- Tips for Accelerated Learning Online Series: Scaffolding - Online - Online