Building a Foundation to Support Students with Complex Needs (Virtual) Virtual - 30293
Are you searching for a way to evaluate your campus program for students with complex needs or significant cognitive disabilities? Do you want a way to determine areas for program improvement? This training covers the five Quality Indicators of Effective Practices for working with students with significant cognitive disabilities and aligns with the Texas Complex Access Network's Rubric of Effective Practices. Throughout the learning, you will participate in many self-assessment activities to connect with and internalize the content. This will help you develop the necessary foundational skills for supporting students with significant cognitive disabilities. Each onsite session will include a Make-and-Take component to address a topic covered in that day's training. Participants will complete self-assessment activities and have an opportunity to request follow-up coaching on self-identified areas of need. Session dates are March 24, April 20, and May 11, 2023. To receive credit, participants must attend all three sessions.
Teacher - Special Education, Charter School Personnel, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 16
Registration Deadline 5/11/2023
Credit Type Professional Development
Susan Key, M. Ed. ESC Region 11
This session’s start date is less than 3 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 3/24/2023 8:30 am
- Assistive Technology Lunch and Learn - Virtual - Virtual
- Exploration and Discovery: Identifying a Vision and Leveraging Life Experiences - Virtual
- Families Help Your Teen Better Express Themselves Respectfully through Assertiveness - Virtual
- Families Help Your Teen Build Their Confidence and Persist When Facing Challenges - Virtual
- Family Roles in Supporting Self-Determination and Self Advocacy - Virtual
- Power Up Your Science Lessons with Discovery Education
- Special Programs Summer Conference 2023: Recharge: Jump Start Your School
- The Cortical Visual Impairment (CVI) Den: Encouraging Use of Vision for Students in Early Phase I of the CVI Range
- Universal Design for Learning with Gradual Release in Small-Group Instruction
- VB-MAPP (Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program) - Web-Based Training