Give Them Something to Talk About: Discourse and Sense-Making in K-5 Math - 30072
Are you looking for more ways to get your students talking and problem-solving? In this session, participants engage in routines that support amplifying language and sense-making. Educators will learn how to embed student talk opportunities that apply mathematical thinking and collaborative problem-solving. Several math language routines that support sense-making and vocabulary will be explored, including Collect and Display, Three Reads, and Discussion Supports.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Instructional Leaders, Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Special Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2023 DMAC Academy DAY 3 - Creating Student Plans & Documentation in DMAC
- Community Circles in Early Childhood - Virtual
- Early Childhood: Pre-Kindergarten Guidelines Playground - Mathematics Domain - Virtual
- Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Virtual Networking Meetings (2022-2023) - Virtual
- Pre-K Deep Dive into the Mathematics Domain - Measurement Skills
- Pump Up Productivity in Centers!
- R-1-1 Math Now: K-5 Guided Math - An Asynchronous Professional Learning Session - Online
- R-1-1 Math Now: K-5 Learning Stations - An Asynchronous Professional Learning Session - Online
- Small-Group Instruction Made Simple!
- What's New with the Prekindergarten Guidelines