Middle Grades Math (MGM) Institute: A Deep Dive into Numbers and Operations - 30044
How mathematics is taught in middle grades greatly impacts students' understanding of mathematical concepts in later years and, therefore, requires meaningful and connected learning experiences. This five-part series will take participants into a deep dive into the standards for grades 6-8, looking at vertical alignment for overarching concepts within this grade band. Attendance to all sessions is not required. Participants can select those deep dives most critical for their classroom practices. Join us for this first session to explore concepts of numbers and operations as teachers support students by representing numbers in various forms and performing operations while solving problems and justifying solutions. Teachers come to learn at MGM Institute and leave equipped with routines, strategies, and resources that enable them to facilitate content that empowers middle-grade learners.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Instructional Leaders, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- AHA HeartSaver K-12 CPR/AED/First Aid
- Elevating Reading Comprehension with Close Reading and Effective Questioning in Secondary ELAR
- GT 30 Core Series - Course 5: Engaging Gifted Students by Adding Depth and Complexity (DC)
- GT Update - Texas Performance Standards Project (TPSP) Level 1
- Online GT 30 Core Series - Course 4: Creativity and Critical Thinking for Gifted/Talented Students (CCT) - Online
- Online GT 30 Core Series - Course 5: Engaging Gifted Students by Adding Depth and Complexity (DC) - Online
- Revolutionizing Social Studies: Artificial Intelligence + Historical Thinking
- Texas Dyslexia Academy 1: Foundations - Virtual
- Unleashing Creativity: Canva & AI Revolution in Education
- Using Canvas in ELAR Classrooms - Online