HELP, I Have a Newcomer for Secondary Teachers! - 29661
This session will be presented with secondary content teachers in mind. Strategies will be shared that both teachers and newcomer emergent bilingual students need to survive in a classroom when language is a barrier. Participants will experience activities that can be implemented into the classroom that will benefit all learners. Resources and ideas will be shared to enhance a teachers' "toolkit" when working with emergent bilingual students. The target audience is teachers new to teaching new arrivals to the United States.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - General Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Authentic Review for Social Studies
- Elevating Engagement with Interactive Presentation Tools: Nearpod, Pear Deck, and Classkick
- Launching New Secondary Teachers: From Touching Math to Tech
- Leveraging Humor for Academic Mastery: Enhancing Critical Thinking with Humor
- Online GT 30 Core Series - Course 5: Engaging Gifted Students by Adding Depth and Complexity (DC) - Online
- Secondary ELAR Writing Calibrations and Trend Analysis: STAAR and Beyond
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Bullying Prevention - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Child Abuse, Trafficking, and Maltreatment - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Suicide Prevention - Online
- Teaching American History: Slavery and the Constitution - ALTERNATE LOCATION