HELP, I Have a Newcomer for Secondary Teachers! - 29661
This session will be presented with secondary content teachers in mind. Strategies will be shared that both teachers and newcomer emergent bilingual students need to survive in a classroom when language is a barrier. Participants will experience activities that can be implemented into the classroom that will benefit all learners. Resources and ideas will be shared to enhance a teachers' "toolkit" when working with emergent bilingual students. The target audience is teachers new to teaching new arrivals to the United States.
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - General Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 27
Registration Deadline 2/21/2023 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Melanie Yocom ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 2/22/2023 8:30 am
- Checking for Understanding with Secondary ELAR STAAR/EOC New Question Types
- Getting AMPed for Math Success!
- Read, Write, Speak for Secondary Emergent Bilingual Students
- Religion and Politics in the Middle East: Environmental Cooperation as a Path to Peace in the Middle East with ICS
- STAAR Redesign for Math, Grades 6 - Algebra 1
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Bullying Prevention - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Child Abuse, Trafficking, and Maltreatment - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Suicide Prevention - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Teen Dating Violence and Healthy Relationships - Online
- Teaching with DBQs: Engaging Students in Historical Inquiry and Thinking