Statewide SLP Webinar #7: Social-Pragmatic Communication Treatment - 28176
Too often treatment focuses on targeting specific areas of deficiency and fails to recognize the underlying reasons causing the deficiency. When treatment targets the causal factors, gains occur in a wide variety of observed social behaviors. Transference of learned behavior occurs more rapidly and greater satisfaction in social settings results. You will learn how the interplay between the foundational skills of Theory of Mind, Central Coherence, Executive Function, and Emotional Intelligence together with psychodynamics create social deficits and how to treat accordingly to produce meaningful long-lasting positive change.
Schedule & Location
TSHA CEUs provided. Speakers or headphones are needed to view the webinar; You do not need a microphone or web camera. Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with a link to register to join the webinar. Please ensure that your email address in our system is accurate. If you register within 48 hours of the webinar, please contact Katie Adams to receive the registration email. Questions: Katie Adams firstname.lastname@example.org Brooke Murphy email@example.com
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Introduction to Assistive Technology - Virtual
- Social Thinking: Five Concepts in Five Months (Elementary)
- Social Thinking: Five Concepts in Five Months (Secondary)
- Speech-Language Pathology Summer Conference 2022 - Virtual
- Visual Phonics (See the Sound) - Virtual
- Writing Effective Impact and Need Statements in the Full and Individual Evaluation - Virtual
- Writing Present Levels of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance (PLAAFP) and Developing Measurable Annual Goals - Virtual