Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and English Learners - 27829
Participants will discover how culture is the software that allows individuals to make sense of their world. This session will also examine the three levels of culture. Moreover, participants will learn how to find commonalities among cultural archetypes and the attendant research-based best practices that allow those commonalities to result in rigorous language development and acquisition of academic content. Lastly, participants will examine culturally responsive best practices that are aligned with TEA's English Language Program implementation Rubrics that allow for implementation at the exemplary level! This will be a virtual session accessed through Zoom. Participants will receive three Continuing Professional Education hours once the session is complete.
Charter School Personnel, Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Assistant Principals, Principals, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Fee Please log in to see fees.
It is too late to register for this session.
Offered Again On
- 2020-2021 Webinar Series: Taking the Helm and Navigating Accountability - Virtual
- AS+K Suicide Prevention - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series Science: Corn in the Classroom - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Home on the Range for Third-through Fifth Grade Science
- Engage by Design Content Series: STEMulating Design Challenges in Science, Grades 6-8
- Engage by Design Content Series: STEMulating Design Challenges in Science, Grades 9-12
- Engage by Design Content Series: STEMulating Design Challenges in Science, Grades K-5
- INSIGHT: Instructional Leaders Advisory Meeting 2021-2022
- Structuring the Classroom through the Use of Visual Strategies - Introduction (2-day Training) - Summer 2021
- TexQuest: Ramp up Students Learning with Learn360 - Virtual