Book Study: The Distance Learning Playbook - 27680
Join us as we explore the book, "The Distance Learning Playbook," by Douglas Fisher, Nancy Frey, and John Hattie. You will feel confident as you head into a new school year with a toolkit full of resources and strategies for embedding SEL, building classroom communities, and creating engaging instruction for in-person AND online learners. We will look at ways to incorporate our Social Studies TEKS into an inviting environment where students and teachers will both shine. Participants will access all course content through a Google document that will be shared on the start date. To receive credit for the 6 hours of CPE, participants will be required to submit evidence of completion of the activities throughout the book study as well as completion of a blueprint for kicking off their school year. Participants will need to purchase a copy of the book to participate.
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education
Participants will need to purchase a copy of the book and a fully-charged device with internet access to participate.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 45
Registration Deadline 6/7/2021
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Crystal Klose ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 6/7/2021 8:00 am
- 2(pi)@r11 PK-12 Mathematics Virtual Conference
- Customized Employment: Know Your Value! Let's Start Work! - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Demystifying Word Problems - 3 Reads Strategy - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Forgotten Voices in History
- Engage by Design Content Series: Science Digital Interactive Notebooking for High School - Virtual
- Promoting Progress: Formative Assessments That Diagnose Learning - Virtual
- R11 Writing Collaborative for Secondary Teachers: Creating Demonstration Texts for Informational Writing - Virtual
- TEKS Talks: Diving into Strand 5 for Middle/High School ELAR Instruction - Virtual
- Turning Up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Implementing Reading Conferences (Asynchronous) - Online
- Turning Up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Implementing Writing Conferences (Asynchronous) - Online