Engage by Design Content Series: Earth Science & Watersheds: Utilizing Models for Increased Student Participation - 27599
Join the Upper Trinity Groundwater Conservation District as the Education division covers Ã¢â‚¬Å“Earth Science & Watersheds: Utilizing models for increased participation. The complementary pairing of analytical STEM lessons with immersive exhibits afterward lends itself to the remembrance of difficult concepts. District education staff will highlight the benefits of this method, including producing easy-to-use models in your own classroom or home. Included in this presentation will be printable handouts on buildable groundwater and environmental science models. District staff will guide attendees through the benefits of incorporating immersive exhibits and models throughout a STEM lesson, and visitors will walk away with additional information on creating their own models in the comfort of their classroom. This session is outdoors. Dress appropriately.
Schedule & Location
Charter School Personnel, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - General Education, Teacher Certification Candidate, Teacher Supervisors
COVID-19 Protocols for social distancing are in place. Participants are expected to wear face coverings over the nose and mouth. Dress for being outdoors as the trailer, tables and chairs will also be outdoors. This is a half-day session in the morning.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2021-2022 Annual District Testing Coordinator Training - Face-to-Face
- Bilingual Supplemental (164) TExES Preparation Course - Online
- Co-Planning for Co-Teaching-Laying a Strong Foundation - Virtual
- CPI: Blended Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training - Summer 2021 - Online
- Hearing Screener Certification
- TREC Talks - August 2021 - Virtual
- TREC Talks - November 2021 - Virtual
- TREC Talks - September 2021 - Virtual
- Tuesday Tips for Increasing Confidence and Perseverance: Building Self-Efficacy - Online
- Understanding and Planning for School Bombing Incidents - in proud partnership with the U. S. Department of Homeland Security and New Mexico Tech