Engage by Design Content Series: Earth Science & Watersheds: Utilizing Models for Increased Student Participation - 27599
Join the Upper Trinity Groundwater Conservation District as the Education division covers Ã¢â‚¬Å“Earth Science & Watersheds: Utilizing models for increased participation. The complementary pairing of analytical STEM lessons with immersive exhibits afterward lends itself to the remembrance of difficult concepts. District education staff will highlight the benefits of this method, including producing easy-to-use models in your own classroom or home. Included in this presentation will be printable handouts on buildable groundwater and environmental science models. District staff will guide attendees through the benefits of incorporating immersive exhibits and models throughout a STEM lesson, and visitors will walk away with additional information on creating their own models in the comfort of their classroom. This session is outdoors. Dress appropriately.
Charter School Personnel, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - General Education, Teacher Certification Candidate, Teacher Supervisors
COVID-19 Protocols for social distancing are in place. Participants are expected to wear face coverings over the nose and mouth. Dress for being outdoors as the trailer, tables and chairs will also be outdoors. This is a half-day session in the morning.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 16
Registration Deadline 7/13/2021 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Jill Garcia Upper Trinity River Groundwater Conservation Group
Offered Again On
- 7/12/2021 8:30 am
- 2020-2021 Webinar Series: Taking the Helm and Navigating Accountability - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Home on the Range for Third-through Fifth Grade Science
- Engage by Design Content Series: Science Digital Interactive Notebooking for 6-8 - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: STEMulating Design Challenges in Science, Grades 6-8
- Engage by Design Content Series: STEMulating Design Challenges in Science, Grades 9-12
- Literacy for All! Designing Inclusive Literacy Learning Environments, Foundational Literacy Skills, Kindergarten to Grade 12 (focus on grades 4-12) - Virtual
- Math for All! Designing Inclusive Mathematics Learning Environments (K-3) - Virtual
- SELf Care for Educators (CPE CREDIT ONLY) - Virtual
- SELf Care for Educators (LPC CREDIT ONLY) - Virtual
- What's Sliming You? (Youth) - Virtual