Visual Phonics (See the Sound) - 27595
This three-day, online workshop explores the multi-sensory Visual Phonics program and its benefits in reinforcing oral language, speech, literacy, and writing skills for students who are deaf/hard-of-hearing or bilingual, or students who have diverse learning needs. Participants will develop the skills necessary to implement Visual Phonics in therapeutic and instructional settings and explore research-based strategies to support beginning spelling and reading instruction with the support of Visual Phonics. An application for ASHA CEUs is pending. Participants are expected to (1) attend all portions of the training (partial credit will not be awarded), and (2) have their camera turned on throughout the training. This session will not be recorded. IMPORTANT: Please review this document prior to registering: bit.ly/VP2020ESC11.
Schedule & Location
Speech Therapists, Teacher - Special Education, Paraprofessionals, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8)
This training is funded by the Texas Sensory Support Network; therefore, it is password protected. Teachers and professionals working with students with sensory impairments have priority when registering. The password will be removed on July 1, 2021.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Building Blocks to Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) Success: Blocks 1, 2 and 3
- How to Use Differential Reinforcement to Change Behavior
- Speech-Language Pathology Leadership Collaborative 2021-22
- Speech-Language Pathology Leadership Collaborative 2021-22 - Virtual
- Statewide SLP Webinar #3: I Used to Have a Handle on Life, But It Broke: Stress Management for School SLPs in a Post-Pandemic World
- Statewide SLP Webinar #4: Approaches to Service Delivery for the School-Based SLP
- Statewide SLP Webinar #5: Speech Impairment (SI) Legal
- Statewide SLP Webinar #6: Social Pragmatic Communication Assessment
- Statewide SLP Webinar #7: Social-Pragmatic Communication Treatment
- Statewide SLP Webinar #8: Unique Speech-Language Therapy -- Wonderful Websites with Practical Therapy Tips