Effective Read Alouds in Early Childhood Classrooms with English Learners - 27166
Read Alouds are the foundation for literacy in early childhood education and the centerpiece of Circle Time. Even though you may have read hundreds of books aloud to your students, come and see how your read alouds can be even more effective than ever before and can be a vehicle for academic language acquisition for ELs! We will explore vertical alignment of higher-level cognition and listening comprehension skills, total physical response and acquisition of specialized vocabulary, and building academic discourse and writing using a variety of tools!
Schedule & Location
Charter School Personnel, Teacher - Bilingual, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2020-2021 Webinar Series: Taking the Helm and Navigating Accountability - Virtual
- AS+K Suicide Prevention - Virtual
- Customized Employment: Earning Money and Social Security Benefits! - Virtual
- Habitat: What's Your Environment? (Youth) - Virtual
- Identifying Your Values and Mindsets to Focus Your Work - Virtual
- Overview: Adopted Revisions to 19 TAC Rule 89.1070 - Graduation Requirements - Virtual
- SELf Care for Educators (CPE CREDIT ONLY) - Virtual
- SELf Care for Educators (LPC CREDIT ONLY) - Virtual
- Tuesday Tips for Increasing Confidence and Perseverance: Building Self-Efficacy
- What's Sliming You? (Youth) - Virtual