Texas Dyslexia Academy 1: Foundations Virtual - 31493
Texas Dyslexia Academy 1: Foundations is the first of six training opportunities developed to assist school districts and charter schools in areas regarding dyslexia and related disorders. In this course, participants will learn how students acquire reading skills, why some students struggle in reading, the definition and characteristics of dyslexia, and how to know whether dyslexia is the cause of a student's reading difficulties. This session is aligned with the Instructional Strategies component of the TEA-required self-assessment.
Teacher - Special Education, Charter School Personnel, Dyslexia Interventionist, Principals, Teacher - General Education, Assistant Principals, Diagnosticians, LSSP (Licensed Specialist in School Psychology), Speech Therapists
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 34
Registration Deadline 12/7/2023 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Beth Hewett ESC Region 11, Marci Harkins ESC Region 11
This session’s start date is less than 10 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 12/12/2023 9:00 am
- Abydos Literacy and Learning: Three-Day Literacy Workshop
- Cohort for New Teachers of Students with Visual Impairments and Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialists
- IEP to Action
- Leading Inclusive Campuses (Inclusion Academy - Day 1) Morning Session
- Literacy for All Watch Party
- Planning Collaborative Instruction for Diverse Classrooms (Inclusion Academy, Day 2)
- Social Emotional Literacy (SEL)
- Teaching Struggling Readers in Inclusive Settings (Inclusion Academy, Day 3)
- Unlocking the Power of Universal Design for Learning in Elementary Reading
- Your Student, My Student, Our Student: Collaboration for Inclusion