Evaluation and Treatment of Pediatric Motor Speech Disorders - Live Online Virtual - 26968
The public school speech-language pathologist's caseload has varied greatly over the past decade. With more medically and developmentally complex children being served in the public schools, evaluating and treating children with dysarthria and childhood apraxia of speech is becoming more prevalent. This course will provide practical procedures for standardized and informal assessment of motor speech disorders, including dynamic assessment. In addition, evidence-based treatment of mild to severe motor speech disorders in children ages 3-21 will be provided, including the determination of appropriate strategies, cuing techniques, goals and activities to stimulate responses, and general therapy approaches to address the educational need of children.
Speech Therapists, Teacher - Special Education
ASHA CEUs provided. Please contact Katie Adams or Lianne Daniels with questions. This workshop is for speech-language pathologists working in the public school setting.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 58
Registration Deadline 2/3/2021 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Lucinda Dean, CCC-SLP University of Texas at Dallas
Offered Again On
- 2/5/2021 9:00 am
- New Speech Language Pathology Academy 2020-2021 - Virtual
- Speech-Language Pathology Collaborative Meetings 2020-2021 - Virtual
- Statewide SLP Webinar #5: Getting Started Addressing Swallowing and Feeding in the Schools
- Statewide SLP Webinar #6: Sorting through the Details of Addressing Swallowing and Feeding in the Schools
- Statewide SLP Webinar #7 - Doin' the Three-Step: Intentionally Moving Language Forward through Augmentative Communication (Focus on Language)
- Statewide SLP Webinar #8 - Doin' the Three-Step: Intentionally Moving Language Forward through Augmentative Communication (Begin Augmenting)
- Statewide SLP Webinar #9 - Doin' the Three-Step: Intentionally Moving Language Forward through Augmentative Communication (Make a Decision on the Personal System)