Evaluation and Treatment of Pediatric Motor Speech Disorders - Live Online - 26968
The public school speech-language pathologist's caseload has varied greatly over the past decade. With more medically and developmentally complex children being served in the public schools, evaluating and treating children with dysarthria and childhood apraxia of speech is becoming more prevalent. This course will provide practical procedures for standardized and informal assessment of motor speech disorders, including dynamic assessment. In addition, evidence-based treatment of mild to severe motor speech disorders in children ages 3-21 will be provided, including the determination of appropriate strategies, cuing techniques, goals and activities to stimulate responses, and general therapy approaches to address the educational need of children.
Schedule & Location
Speech Therapists, Teacher - Special Education
ASHA CEUs provided. Please contact Katie Adams or Lianne Daniels with questions. This workshop is for speech-language pathologists working in the public school setting.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Statewide SLP Webinar #1: Best Practices in Non-biased Assessment of English Learners with Potential and Actual Language Impairment
- Statewide SLP Webinar #2: Practical Intervention Strategies and Materials for SLPs Serving English Learners with Language Impairment
- Statewide SLP Webinar #3: I Used to Have a Handle on Life, But It Broke: Stress Management for School SLPs in a Post-Pandemic World
- Statewide SLP Webinar #4: Approaches to Service Delivery for the School-Based SLP
- Statewide SLP Webinar #5: Speech Impairment (SI) Legal
- Statewide SLP Webinar #6: Social Pragmatic Communication Assessment
- Statewide SLP Webinar #7: Social-Pragmatic Communication Treatment
- Statewide SLP Webinar #8: Unique Speech-Language Therapy -- Wonderful Websites with Practical Therapy Tips
- Visual Phonics (See the Sound) - Virtual