Sheltered Instruction: Supporting English Language Learners in ANY Classroom Online - 26499
In this online Canvas course, participants will gain a basic understanding of how to design instruction that focuses on providing English learners with access to grade-level content, curriculum, and concepts while they continue to improve their academic language proficiency. Participants will learn the characteristics of sheltered instruction as well as tips for implementation in the classroom. This session will aid teachers in complying with TAC Chapter 74.4 (English Language Proficiency Standards), which must be implemented as an integral part of each subject in the required curriculum. Sheltered instruction techniques and strategies explored in this session work to lower the linguistic demand of the lesson without compromising the integrity or rigor of the subject matter. CREDIT IS AWARDED AT THE END OF COURSE WINDOW. Contact email@example.com for help logging in to Canvas.
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language)
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 132
Registration Deadline 1/27/2021 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Melanie Yocom ESC Region 11
This session has already started, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 12/1/2020 8:00 am
- Engage by Design Content Series: Linking Literacy for Social Studies Success
- Engage by Design Digital Tools Series: HyperDocs Edition (created with Google Docs and Slides) - Online
- ESL Supplemental (154) TExES Online Preparation Course (Independent Study) - Online
- Itinerant Teachers of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Virtual Networking Meeting (April) - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction in ANY Classroom - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Child Abuse & Maltreatment - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Copyright - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Sexual Harassment - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Suicide Prevention - Online
- The ELPS & TELPAS - Best Practices for Incorporating Language Modalities across the Curriculum & Classroom - Part 3 Reading - Virtual