Engage by Design Content Series: Maximizing Impact in Young Adult Literacy through Blended Learning Virtual - 25712
It is an inevitable reality that a working knowledge of digital tools and instruction are necessary to provide instruction in the 21st century. Most skills taught in ELAR classrooms, however, seem difficult to digitize: independent reading and writing, student conferences, and many other elements. How do I know what elements are best taught face to face, what I can digitize or flip, and what do I do if I can only provide digital instruction? In this workshop, you will gain tools to create a blended-learning environment for your middle/high school students. We will examine various literacy components and skills highlighted in our standards, finding ways that digital instruction can still push readers and writers in their thinking, stamina, and engagement. This professional development will take place in two live Zoom sessions, accompanied by online modules and tasks.
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Coordinators, Instructional Leaders, Principals, Teacher - General Education, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 38
Registration Deadline 9/1/2020
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Caty Dearing ESC Region 11
This session’s start date is less than 14 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 8/25/2020 4:00 pm
- 8th-Grade Math STAAR Instruction Impact: An Online Course - Online
- Algebra I EOC Instruction Impact: An Online Course - Online
- Engage by Design Content Series: MATH Asynchronously - Which One Doesn't Belong? (webinar) - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Peer Feedback and Partnerships for Young Adult Readers and Writers - Virtual
- H.O.T.S! Higher-Order Thinking Skills for Secondary Mathematics: Open Middle and Numberless Word Problems
- High School ELAR: Professional Learning Network - Virtual
- New Teacher Academy 2.0 Virtual - Virtual
- Preparing for STAAR through Math Workstations: Algebra 1 Volume 1
- Turning up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Engaging Students with Book Clubs - Virtual
- Turning up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Writing with Mentor Texts - Virtual