Math Achievement Academy, 2nd Grade - 25247
Second-grade teachers from eligible schools will (1) examine TEKS-based learning progressions and critical checkpoints for student understanding and (2) experience classroom-ready activities, including formative assessment and follow-up activities that account for learner variability. Teachers will build a toolkit of strategies and key questions for students with disabilities, English language learners, students struggling to learn mathematics, and gifted learners. Structures that provide opportunities for meaningful practice and feedback will be explored. With hands-on activities focusing on grade-level TEKS, this academy is designed to strengthen teachers' knowledge of mathematics concepts and processes, improve overall mathematics instruction, and support student success. Upon successful completion, eligible second-grade teachers will receive a stipend.
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Bilingual, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics
Participants should bring their own electronic device for use in the session. Registration for this academy is password protected and only available to 2nd grade teachers at campuses on the Region 11 List of Priority Campuses posted at https://tea.texas.gov/curriculum/academies
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Bite-Size Summer Learning Series: A Quick Look at Positive Behavior Intervention System (PBIS) and the Role of the Campus Team - Virtual
- Keys to Comprehension: One Skill at a Time, Part 2 - Virtual
- Keys to Comprehension: One Skill at a Time, Part 3 - Virtual
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Demonstration of Learning
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - High-Impact Questioning
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Copyright - Online
- The Lone Star Literacy Institute, Grades K-2
- Twitter Toolkit - Virtual
- Using Self-Assessments Effectively and Purposefully - Virtual Session - Virtual
- Virtual Literacy Conference: Imagining Futures through the Literacy Lens - Virtual