Including and Instructing Students with Visual Impairment in General Education Classrooms - Online Study Online - 24492
Teaching students who are visually impaired can be an exciting, challenging, and rewarding experience. In this on-line workshop, teachers will learn the foundations of effectively including visually impaired students in their classroom through the following: understanding the impact of vision loss; designing inclusive and accessible classrooms, routines, and lessons; providing accessible materials; understanding student travel and safety concerns; and collaborating with Teachers of the Visually Impaired and Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialists.
Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - Special Education
Teachers must work with a student who is visually impaired. TVIs and COMSs may register for this workshop.
Seats Left 7
Registration Deadline 4/28/2020
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Perkie Cannon ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 3/17/2020 8:00 am
- 6/15/2020 8:00 am - Online
- Abydos 12-Day Summer Writing Institute
- Course Design & Delivery in Canvas (Online) - Online
- DBQ Project
- I'm ESL Certified, Now What?!
- Laying the Foundations in Science 1.0
- Leveraging Canvas Conference
- Literacy: Your Pathway to Change the World
- Project-Based Learning 2.0: High-Quality Culminating Products
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Essentials for Impact
- Talking across the Aisle: Take Winning off the Table