Crustal Features in Middle School Science - 23483
Natural events such as plate tectonics, erosion, weathering, and deposition all impact crustal features on Earth. Earth maps, topographic maps, and satellite images, along with hands-on activities, will provide teachers with experiences that can be used to help students relate features on Earth to crustal movements and changes in those features due to weathering, erosion, and deposition. Strategies embedded in the session will help teachers make content accessible for struggling learners and English Learners as well as challenging for gifted learners.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Assistant Principals, Coordinators, Teacher Certification Candidate, Teacher Supervisors
Please bring a device that can be used to access the internet, create documents for use in the classroom and share thinking and materials in a Google folder.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left Full
This session has reached its capacity, and is no longer open for enrollment, or has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 16 Habits of Mind
- DBQ Project
- First-Year Teachers Academy 2019-2020 Spring Cohort
- Geography & World Culture
- Project-Based Learning 2.0: High-Quality Culminating Products
- Project-Based Learning 2.0: Managing the PBL Classroom
- Project-Based Learning Academy (2019-2020 school year)
- See Me. Know Me. BE ME!! - An Immersion Experience - Spring 2020 - Online
- Using Google in History
- What to Do When the Kids Just Don't Get It