Leveraging Humor for Academic Mastery: Enhancing Critical Thinking with Humor - 32222
Leveraging Humor for Academic Mastery delves into the dynamic intersection of comedy and cognition. Dive deep into the potent pedagogical power of humor as a tool not just for engagement, but for sharpening critical thinking, elevating academic rigor, and assessing for learning via humor. Learn how wit and irony can break down complex concepts, challenge student assumptions, and encourage deeper reflection. This session is designed for educators aiming to transform their classrooms into hubs of serious inquiry and delightful discovery. Join us to master the art of infusing humor into your curriculum, all while fostering an environment of rigorous academic exploration.
Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Assistant Principals, Principals, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language)
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 33
Registration Deadline 12/11/2023
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Charles Cooper ESC Region 11
This session’s start date is less than 9 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 12/11/2023 9:00 am
- Designing Brilliance: Canva Basic Essentials for Educators
- Enhancing Instruction through Effective Formative Assessments in Grades 6-12 ELAR
- GT 30 Core Series - Course 2: Identification and Assessment of Gifted/Talented Students (ID)
- Middle Grades Math (MGM) Institute: A Deep Dive into Data and Statistics
- Online GT Update - Designing a Lesson for the Gifted Student (3 Hours) - Online
- Revolutionizing Social Studies: Artificial Intelligence + Historical Thinking
- Socratic Seminars: Implementing Student-Facilitated Learning in the Secondary ELAR Classroom (6-12)
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Section 504 Overview - Online
- Teaching American History: Supreme Court Cases That Changed America
- Using Canvas in ELAR Classrooms - Online