Section 504 Professional Learning and Consortium Series - 32115
The Section 504 Professional Learning and Consortium Series includes three full-day sessions designed to provide comprehensive guidance and training for individuals new to the Section 504 role within a campus or district and those desiring a refresher. The series covers a wide range of topics related to Section 504, including Section 504 Basics, Child Find, Eligibility, Evaluation, Legal Framework, Transfer Students, Non-Academic/Extracurricular Activities, Homebound Services, Transportation, Manifestation Determination Review, and more. This series equips Section 504 personnel with an understanding of the regulations, processes, and best practices to ensure students with disabilities receive appropriate accommodations and support to access education on an equal basis with their peers. The series also includes three two-hour hybrid consortium meetings designed to provide a platform for continued learning and collaboration addressing topics requested by consortium members. Additionally, guest speakers, including experts in relevant fields, will contribute insights during each meeting. This session is aligned with the Child Find, FAPE, LRE, Graduation, Secondary Transition, Behavior, and BIP components of the TEA-required self-assessment.
Assistant Principals, Coordinators, Directors, Principals, Charter School Personnel, Counselors, Federal Program Directors/Coordinators
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 34
Registration Deadline 4/9/2024
Credit Type Professional Development
Debbie Gauntt ESC Region 11, Beth Hewett ESC Region 11
This session has already started, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 10/10/2023 8:30 am
- Adolescent Development Course - Virtual
- Advancing Educational Leadership (AEL)
- Chapter 37 Administrator Update - Online Canvas - Online
- Crucial Conversations for Accountability (Crucial Learning Series)
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Diabetes Overview - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Seizures Overview - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Suicide Prevention - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Texas Educator's Code of Ethics - Online
- Trauma-Informed Care for Educators - Virtual
- Youth Mental Health First Aid - In Person