Earth and Space: Applying Science and Engineering Practices for Student Success with the New Science TEKS (6-8) - 31923
In this session, participants will review foundational knowledge of Earth and space and apply the learning to a variety of science content strands within the 6-8 science TEKS. Topics covered in this session will include Earth composition and characteristics, the rock cycle, plate tectonics, volcanoes, human impact on climate, carbon cycle, topographic maps, planetary motion, the solar system, gravity, space exploration, resource management, and conservation. Participants will apply new understandings through inquiry and design problems applied to topics presented in this session.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher Certification Candidate
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2023-2024 Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Virtual Networking Meetings - Virtual
- Amplify Reading - Facilitating Lesson Rehearsal/Observation and Feedback
- Connecting Reading and Writing in the ELAR Classroom (3-12)
- Gifted Minds, Gifted Reads: A Professional Book Study Series -- A Teacher's Toolbox for Gifted Education
- Online GT 30 Core Series - Course 2: Identification and Assessment of Gifted/Talented Students (ID) - Online
- Online GT Update - Designing a Lesson for the Gifted Student (3 Hours) - Online
- Organisms and Environments: Applying Science and Engineering Practices for Student Success with the New Science TEKS (K-2)
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Suicide Prevention - Online
- Tips for Accelerated Learning Online Series: Scaffolding - Online - Online
- Using Canvas in Social Studies Classrooms - Online