Structuring the Classroom through the Use of Visual Strategies - Introduction (2-day Training) - Summer 2023 - 31370
Research supports the use of visual strategies as an effective method of improving communication, increasing independence, and reducing anxiety that can lead to challenging behaviors if not addressed. In this two-day learning experience, participants will have the opportunity to develop individual schedules, work systems, and behavioral reminders to support students with autism and other developmental disabilities. The importance of routines, visual systems, and clear, concrete expectations will be presented. The training includes presentations, small-group projects, and hands-on experiences. All participants who attend the training may receive a follow-up in their classroom by ESC personnel if requested.
Schedule & Location
Charter School Personnel, Psychologists, Teacher - Special Education, Paraprofessionals
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2023-2024 ESC Region 11 Charter Roundtables - Virtual
- 23-24 Connect, Collaborate, and Capture
- Building Blocks of Social and Emotional Development - Engaging Environments - Virtual
- Co-Teaching for All (CT)
- Facilitating the IEP (Asynchronous Course)
- SPED Teacher Power Hour - Virtual
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process Training - Virtual
- Standards-Based Individualized Eduction Program (IEP) Process Training
- TREC Talks - May 2024
- Youth Mental Health First Aid - In Person