Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Online Book Study: "The Reading Strategies Book" by Serravallo - 30215
Please read carefully! Participants will read, discuss, and apply "The Reading Strategies Book" by Jennifer Serravallo (ISBN#978-0-325-07433-7). Discussion and application activities will take place via Canvas, a platform for online learning, from September 26 - November 11, 2022. All coursework will be completed online within a specific time frame; therefore, timelines and due dates must be observed in order to receive credit for the course. It is anticipated that this course will require three hours of work per week outside of your normal duty hours. Notes: (1) A copy of the book WILL be provided to participants serving D/HH students in a Texas LEA; and (2) Participants are encouraged, but not required, to read the book prior to the start of the online course.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Artificial Intelligence in the Classroom: Because Smart Teachers Deserve Smart Tools (ChatGPT-specific session)
- Enhancing Literacy Skills with Social Studies in Kinder-2nd: You Can Teach It All!
- Online GT 30 Core Series - Course 4: Creativity and Critical Thinking for Gifted/Talented Students (CCT) - Online
- Research-Based Instructional Strategies for Mathematics
- Scottish Rite for Children (SRC) Build: A K-1 Early Reading Intervention
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Bullying Prevention - Online
- Texas Dyslexia Academy 5: Screening - Virtual
- Tips for Accelerated Learning Online Series: Motivational Techniques - Online
- Unleashing Inquiry: Leveraging DBQs to Meet the Needs of All Students
- Wheels Up! Elementary New Teacher Academy (Grades 3-5)