Special Education Informed Consent: Legal Requirements and Best Practice Virtual - 30208
Have you ever had parents tell you that they did not know that their child was being evaluated? Perhaps they signed consent, but were not fully informed! This session will review the legal requirements and best practices for LEAs to follow when obtaining informed consent for conducting Full and Individual Initial Evaluations (FIIEs) and reevaluations when additional data is necessary as well as initiating special education and related services. It covers the required elements of informed consent; the legal requirements for obtaining informed consent for special education evaluation and services; and the benefits of having a clear, dedicated informed consent process.
Diagnosticians, Counselors, LSSP (Licensed Specialist in School Psychology)
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 19
Registration Deadline 1/16/2023 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Aimee Seaberry ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 1/17/2023 2:30 pm
- Accessibility Features or Designated Support - How to Determine the Two!
- Core-selective Evaluation Process (C-SEP) Series
- Dyslexia and Dysgraphia Identification in the FIE
- IN THE KNOW: Evaluation Staff Updates
- Lead Diagnostician Collaborative
- Lead Diagnostician Collaborative - Virtual
- New Educational Diagnostician Academy - Cohort
- Texas Sensory Support Network (TxSSN): Orientation and Mobility (O&M) for Administrators - Virtual
- The Neuropsychology of Stress and Trauma: How to Develop a "Trauma-Informed" School with Steven Feifer (Hybrid)
- Triangulating Data in the Full and Individual Evaluation: Telling the Student's Story - Virtual