MIGDAS-2: Evaluating for ASD Using the MIGDAS-2 - 29590
The Monteiro Interview Guidelines for Diagnosing the Autism Spectrum-Second Edition (MIGDAS-2) is a qualitative interview process that helps evaluators individualize the diagnostic process for children, adolescents, and adults. Through systematic interviews with parents, caregivers, teachers, and the individuals being evaluated, a narrative description of the autism brain system differences is developed. This session will give participants tools to conduct a sensory-based diagnostic interview with individuals whose communication skills range from verbally fluent to functionally nonverbal using the MIGDAS-2 system and protocols. Participants will learn to describe individuals in positive and descriptive terms rather than deficit-based terminology commonly used in special education evaluations.
LSSP (Licensed Specialist in School Psychology), Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Speech Therapists, Diagnosticians
This session is appropriate for LSSPs, SLPs, and OTs.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 43
Registration Deadline 5/15/2023 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Ashley Arnold WPS
Offered Again On
- 5/15/2023 9:00 am
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Second Edition (ADOS-2)
- Dyslexia: An Overview of Test Administration
- Evaluation and Diagnosis of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders in the Schools Under the BASC-3 Model - Virtual
- IN THE KNOW: Evaluation Staff Updates
- LSSP Leadership Collaborative - Virtual
- New LSSP Academy - Cohort
- Texas Sensory Support Network (TxSSN): Orientation and Mobility (O&M) for Administrators - Virtual
- The Neuropsychology of Mathematics with Steven Feifer (Hybrid)
- The Neuropsychology of Stress and Trauma: How to Develop a "Trauma-Informed" School with Steven Feifer (Hybrid)