ESC Region 11 - Dyslexia Therapist Training (Take Flight: A Comprehensive Intervention for Students with Dyslexia) - 29491
ESC Region 11 is offering Dyslexia Therapist Training utilizing Take Flight: A Comprehensive Intervention for Students with Dyslexia, a two-year curriculum written by the staff of Luke Waites Center for Dyslexia and Learning Disorders at Scottish Rite for Children. Take Flight builds on the success of its three previous dyslexia intervention programs: Alphabetic Phonics, the Dyslexia Training Program, Scottish Rite for Children Literacy Program. The Take Flight Curriculum aligns with the Dyslexia Handbook, 2021 Update instructional requirements. In addition to the Take Flight curriculum, participants will receive training in the evaluation of students with dyslexia, classroom techniques used for students with dyslexia, and strategies for conducting parent and teacher information sessions. This course requires completion of an application.
Schedule & Location
Charter School Personnel, Dyslexia Interventionist, Teacher - Special Education, Teacher - General Education
Participants must be able to commitment to the completion of the two-year program, be employed by a Texas public or charter school, hold a Texas teaching certificate, and hold a Bachelor's Degree or higher.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2022-2023 Annual District Testing Coordinator Training - Make-Up Session
- All Aboard! New Teacher Academy Preview Day
- Conscious Discipline
- Hearing Screener Certification
- Introduction to an IEP
- Introduction to an IEP - Online
- New Teacher Academy for Students with Complex Needs
- Sing. Play. Love.
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process Training ( Granbury ISD) - Virtual
- Texas Dyslexia Academy 1: Foundations