Dyslexia and Dysgraphia Identification in the FIE - 29342
This session uses TEA resources to summarize the amendments to 19 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) 1040(c)(9) and eligibility criteria for a specific learning disability (SLD). In addition, participants will examine key updates to the Texas Dyslexia Handbook 2021 related to evaluation, which (1) states the evaluation procedures for dyslexia as a specific learning disability under federal and state law, (2) reviews the required and additional data to gather and interpret for an evaluation for dyslexia, and (3) outlines the role of the multidisciplinary team to review data for the determination of dyslexia as a specific learning disability.
Diagnosticians, Dyslexia Interventionist, LSSP (Licensed Specialist in School Psychology), Psychologists
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 1 Wait list
Registration Deadline 11/14/2023
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Aimee Seaberry M.Ed ESC Region 11, Robin Hudson MA LSSP ESC 11
Offered Again On
- 11/14/2023 9:00 am
- Accessibility Features or Designated Support - How to Determine the Two!
- Assessment of Students with Low-Incidence Disabilities: Struggles & Solutions - Virtual
- Differentiating Intellectual Disabilities from "Slow Learners" and Specific Learning Disabilities (Dr. Schultz)
- Evaluation Leadership Group
- Everman ISD: Dyslexia in the FIE
- New Diag Academy Lunch and Learn - Virtual
- Prior Written Notice - Virtual
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process: Implications for Evaluation Personnel - Virtual
- The Neuropsychology of Stress and Trauma: How to Develop a "Trauma-Informed" School with Steven Feifer
- Transdisciplinary Play-Based Assessment Training