Dyslexia and Dysgraphia Identification in the FIE - 29342
This session uses TEA resources to summarize the amendments to 19 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) 1040(c)(9) and eligibility criteria for specific learning disability (SLD). In addition, participants will examine key updates to the Texas Dyslexia Handbook 2021 related to evaluation, which (1) states the evaluation procedures for dyslexia as a specific learning disability under federal and state law, (2) reviews the required and additional data to gather and interpret for an evaluation for dyslexia, and (3) outlines the role of the multidisciplinary team to review data for the determination of dyslexia as a specific learning disability.
Schedule & Location
Diagnosticians, Dyslexia Interventionist, LSSP (Licensed Specialist in School Psychology), Psychologists
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- ARD 101 - Virtual
- Developmental Indicators for the Assessment of Learning, Fourth Edition (DIAL-4)
- Lead Diagnostician Collaborative
- New Educational Diagnostician Academy - Cohort
- Overview of In-Home Training/Parent Training and the AU Supplement
- Prior Written Notice - Virtual
- Special Education Informed Consent: Legal Requirements and Best Practice - Virtual
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process: Implications for Evaluation Personnel - Virtual
- Texas Sensory Support Network (TxSSN): Orientation and Mobility (O&M) for Administrators - Online
- Triangulating Data in the Full and Individual Evaluation: Telling the Student's Story - Virtual