Powerful Geography - 28964
Join us for a three-hour professional development workshop that will acquaint you with the tools to better teach geography! Teachers will learn about a bottom-up approach to teaching called Powerful Geography. Powerful Geography helps teachers better understand who their students are and what it is they aspire to be. Teachers will become familiar with our website and the various teacher and student resources available that will help them make geography relevant and exciting for the classroom. This workshop will encourage participants to create their own Powerful Geography lesson plans and teaching strategies.
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - General Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 44
Registration Deadline 5/18/2022
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Joann Zadrozny, Grosvenor Center for Geographic Education
This session’s start date is less than 2 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 5/18/2022 2:00 pm
- Canvas 101 Lite (Summer 2022) - Online
- Canvas for Beginners
- Discovery Education Experience - What's New and Exciting?! - Virtual
- Elementary Blended-Learning Academy
- Engaging the Experts: Professor Scott Peters (GT 6-Hour Update - Partial) - Online
- Home on the Range K-5 Grade Teacher Workshop
- Learning AMPLIFied: A Look into Unit and Lesson Internalization Using Amplify Resources
- Newsela Certification
- R-1-1 Math Now: Fractions - Click and Drag Asynchronous Series: Grades 3-5 - Online
- Vertical Alignment in the K-12 ELAR Writing Process