Teaching with DBQs: Engaging Students in Historical Inquiry and Thinking - 28873
Looking for ways to teach history through an inquiry approach? Looking for resources that allow students to investigate historical questions from a variety of perspectives? Looking for strategies to engage students with primary sources and historical thinking? Document-based questions (DBQs) are often used as a way to assess a student's historical and analytical thinking skills and argumentative writing abilities. Using engaging questions and primary sources from multiple perspectives, DBQs can also be used to teach historical content, literacy, and thinking skills in a student-centered approach. This workshop will provide strategies, resources, and approaches for teaching with DBQs with all students, because thinking is for everyone!
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 35
Registration Deadline 9/27/2022
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Keith Hyndshaw DBQ Project
This session has already started, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 9/27/2022 9:00 am
- 60 Years On: John F. Kennedy and the Cuban Missile Crisis
- Extended Follow-Up: Helping Students Improve Their Self-Regulation: 75 Instructional Activities - Virtual
- Online GT 30 Core - Identification and Assessment of Gifted/Talented Students (ID) - Online
- R-1-1 Math Now: 6-12 Demystifying Word Problems: Real Problem Solving - An Asynchronous Session - Online
- R-1-1 Math Now: 6-12 Using the 5!: Notice/Wonder and Which One Doesn't Belong? - An Asynchronous Session - Online
- Rookie School for Secondary Math: "Cool Math" Leveraging Math Technology to Build Mastery
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Bullying Prevention - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Teen Dating Violence and Healthy Relationships - Online
- Virtual GT 30 CORE - Engaging Gifted Students by Adding Depth and Complexity (DC) - Virtual
- Virtual GT 30 CORE - Models of Differentiated Instruction (MD) - Virtual