Engage by Design Content Series: Biology STAAR Review Using Digital Breakout Rooms - 27454
Digital breakout rooms are a great way for teachers and students to review for STAAR, whether you are in a face-2-face or virtual setting. Digital breakout rooms can range from simple to more complex, which allows teachers to differentiate for the various student needs in the classroom, including special education and language learners. Individual students or groups of students can participate. Students can create some of the items and mini breakouts by concept or topic. Join in, learn, and get started creating your own digital breakout room using some or all of the following: Google Sites, Docs, Slides, Forms, web link, simulations, Edji, Flipgrid, PhET, YouTube videos, and others. Teachers will have the option to work independently or collectively in their breakout room creations. Participants will share their creations and then share permissions requested.
Schedule & Location
Charter School Personnel, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Principals, Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
All teachers must have a Google account prior to the session. Other free accounts may be needed from the listed tools in the description. Teachers need access to their content and any curriculum materials they might need to reference.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2020-2021 Webinar Series: Taking the Helm and Navigating Accountability - Virtual
- Creating a Quality Library Collection - Virtual
- Customized Employment: Earning Money and Social Security Benefits! - Virtual
- Customized Employment: Where Are You at Your Best? - Virtual
- Early Childhood: Teaching Male Learners of Color Teaching Lab - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Home on the Range for K- through Second-Grade
- K-12 State-wide STEM Teacher Training
- Literacy for All! Designing Inclusive Literacy Learning Environments, Foundational Literacy Skills, Kindergarten to Grade 12 (focus on grades 4-12) - Virtual
- TexQuest: K-12 eBooks for the Classroom - Virtual
- TREC Talks - May 2021 - Virtual