Effective Read Alouds in Early Childhood Classrooms with English Learners Virtual - 27166
Read Alouds are the foundation for literacy in early childhood education and the centerpiece of Circle Time. Even though you may have read hundreds of books aloud to your students, come and see how your read alouds can be even more effective than ever before and can be a vehicle for academic language acquisition for ELs! We will explore vertical alignment of higher-level cognition and listening comprehension skills, total physical response and acquisition of specialized vocabulary, and building academic discourse and writing using a variety of tools!
Charter School Personnel, Teacher - Bilingual, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 24
Registration Deadline 3/1/2021
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
T-PESS 1A,1B,1C & 1D
Gabriel Verrone ESC Region 11
This session’s start date is less than 1 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 3/1/2021 8:30 am
- AS+K Suicide Prevention - Virtual
- Career and Technical Education for Charters - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Science 3-5 STAAR Review Using Digital Breakout Rooms - Virtual
- Habitat: What's Your Environment? (Youth) - Virtual
- Restorative Practices: Creating a Positive School Climate - CPE Credit Only - Virtual
- TexQuest: Let's Have a Conversation about College & Career Readiness - Virtual
- TexQuest: SIRS DiscovererÂ® Across the Curriculum, Grades K-8+ - Virtual
- Tuesday Tips for Increasing Confidence and Perseverance: Building Self-Efficacy - Virtual
- What's Cooking? (Youth) - Virtual
- What's Sliming You? (Youth) - Virtual