BOOKSTUDY: Visible Learning for Social Studies - 27109
Join us as we explore the book "Visible Learning for Social Studies," by Julie Stern, and discover that Social Studies is not simply memorization of dates and facts, but rather the skillful ability to conduct investigations, analyze sources, place events in historical context, and synthesize divergent points of view. Participants will access all course content through a Google site that will be shared on the start date. To receive credit for the 6 hours of CPE, participants will be required to submit evidence of completion of the activities throughout the book study. Participants will need to purchase a copy of the book to participate. All coursework must be completed and submitted by the end date, and certificates will be awarded within two weeks of the course end.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Instructional Leaders
device with internet
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Engage by Design Content Series: 21st Century Skills through Social Studies
- Engage By Design Content Series: Expand your Horizons with Personalized PD
- Engage by Design Content Series: Linking Literacy for Social Studies Success
- Engage by Design Digital Tools Series: Google Educators PLN - Virtual
- Engage by Design Digital Tools Series: HyperDocs Edition (created with Google Docs and Slides) - Online
- ESL Supplemental (154) TExES Online Preparation Course (Independent Study) - Online
- Keys to Comprehension: One Skill at a Time, Part 5 - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Bullying Prevention - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Internet Safety - Online
- Targeting Rigor through Differentiation in Math: Grades K-5 GT Credit