Turning Up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Basics of Self-Selected Independent Reading (Asynchronous) Online - 26661
Note: This is a self-paced, completely asynchronous version of this webinar. For many middle/high school educators, the idea of daily class time spent reading a book of choice feels stressful, wasteful, and difficult to structure. In this webinar, we will discuss some basic structures of independent reading time and explore ways to elevate student thinking, provide reflection opportunities, and respond to individual student needs during independent reading time. We will also discuss practicalities such as book access and censorship. You will watch the recording through the link provided and complete all activities, including a form at the end, to receive 1 hour of CPE credit. Credit will be awarded at the end of the course window.
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Coordinators, Principals, Teacher - General Education
You will find the link for the session in your registration information on the ESC professional learning webpage.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 50
Registration Deadline 3/19/2021 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Caty Dearing ESC Region 11
This session’s start date is less than 1 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 3/1/2021 7:00 am
- 2(pi)@r11 PK-12 Mathematics Virtual Conference
- Demystifying Word Problems and Other Advances in Math Literacy: Grades 6-12
- Engage by Design Content Series: ELAR Mini Lessons in a Virtual Setting - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Implementing Virtual Conferences in Secondary ELAR Workshop - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Thinking Like a Digital Historian Series
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Child Abuse & Maltreatment - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Internet Safety - Online
- TexQuest: Let's Have a Conversation about College & Career Readiness - Virtual
- Turning Up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Grading without Harm - Assessment, Grades, and Mastery (Asynchronous) - Online
- Turning Up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Implementing Reading Conferences (Asynchronous) - Online