R-1-1 Math Now Asynchronous: Using the 5!: Notice/Wonder and Which One Doesn't Belong for Grades 6-12 Online - 26340
So exactly what are we TALKING about? The 5 Practices of Mathematical Discourse are a systematic way to craft math tasks to promote student learning through student discourse. Aimed at bringing a voice to all students, this session will allow participants to experience the parts of successful discourse strategies. This will leverage discourse as a driver for student success. Notice/Wonder and Which One Doesn't Belong are math discourse activities that are low floor/high ceiling tasks aimed at getting all students into the conversation. Looking at each activity through the lens of 5 Practices of Mathematical Discourse, the participants will explore each activity as a student and as a teacher. Now that is what I'm TALKING about!
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Special Education, Instructional Leaders, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 25
Registration Deadline 5/20/2022
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
David Henson ESC Region 11
This session’s start date is less than 3 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 12/4/2021 8:30 am
- Engage by Design Content Series: Forgotten Voices in History
- Exploring the Past, Imagining the Future with Frisco Heritage Museum (ALTERNATE LOCATION)
- Getting AMPed for Math Success!
- R-1-1 Math Now Asynchronous: Demystifying Word Problems - Numberless Word Problems for Grades 6-12 - Online
- R-1-1 Math Now Asynchronous: Math at your Fingertips: Algebra Tiles for Grades 6-12 - Online
- Sheltered Instruction Academy 2-Day (for Secondary)
- SOS for Social Studies - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Bullying Prevention - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Teen Dating Violence and Healthy Relationships - Online
- Teaching with DBQs: Engaging Students in Historical Inquiry and Thinking