Turning up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Writing with Mentor Texts Virtual - 25693
When learning something new, it always helps to have a model. Growing as a writer is no different...enter mentor texts! Using mentor texts in your writing instruction can help students develop independence and confidence in their work as a writer. In this training, we will define what makes a quality mentor text and will engage in using mentor texts for grammar instruction as well as personal narrative, informational, argumentative, and other genres of writing. You will gain hands-on experience in using mentor texts as a writer as well as modeling this process for your students. This professional development will take place as a combination of live Zoom sessions and online learning modules. Let's engage together in our exploration of writing with mentors!
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Coordinators, Instructional Leaders, Principals, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 228
Registration Deadline 5/29/2020 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Catherine Dearing ESC Region 11
This session is closed for registrations.
Offered Again On
- 6/3/2020 1:00 pm
- Formative Assessments That Empower and Inform - Virtual
- Project-Based Learning 2.0: High-Quality Culminating Products
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Bullying Prevention - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Copyright - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Internet Safety - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Teen Dating Violence & Abuse - Online
- Turning Up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Basics of Self-Selected Independent Reading - Virtual
- Turning Up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Grading without Harm - Assessment, Grades, and Mastery - Virtual
- Turning up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Introduction to Writer's Workshop - Virtual
- VIRTUAL Region 11 Teaching Lab: Lesson Design - Virtual