H.O.T.S! Higher-Order Thinking Skills for Secondary Mathematics: Open Middle and Numberless Word Problems - 25587
What do I need to know to figure this out? Higher-order thinking skills act as a muscle that builds rigor. This session will feature Open Middle, Clothesline Math, and Numberless Word Problem activities that promote problem-solving and higher-order thinking skills. Participants will engage in tasks that promote rigor and student collaboration.
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Paraprofessionals, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - Special Education
Please bring your fully-charged laptop or tablet for these activities.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 14
Registration Deadline 9/29/2020
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
T-PESS 1A,1B,1C & 1D
David Henson ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 9/29/2020 8:30 am
- Bite-Sized ELAR TEKS Overview, Grades 9-12 - Virtual
- Connections in History - Virtual
- DBQ Project
- Leveraging Digital Tools in the Secondary Math Class
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Suicide Prevention - Online
- Turning Up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: ELAR Instruction in a Post-Pandemic World: What Now? - Virtual
- Turning up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Engaging Students with Book Clubs - Virtual
- Turning Up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Implementing Reading Conferences - Virtual
- Turning Up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Implementing Writing Conferences - Virtual
- Virtual Literacy Conference: Imagining Futures through the Literacy Lens - Virtual