Talking across the Aisle: Take Winning off the Table - 25105
As we approach the 2020 Presidential Election, our country is clearly more divided than ever. We see it in our classrooms and in our communities. As Social Studies teachers, our TEKS provide us with a unique opportunity to equip our students with the life-long skills for civil discourse. We will be utilizing the elements of the Better Arguments Project to build a tool kit together that we can share with our students to foster an environment of listening and civil discourse in the upcoming election year and in the years to come.
Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics
Fully-charged device with internet capability.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 20
Registration Deadline 6/11/2020 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Crystal Klose ESC Region 11, Charles Cooper ESC Region 11, Shawna Ford ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 6/10/2020 8:30 am
- 2(pi)@r11 PK-12 Mathematics Mini Conference
- Abydos 12-Day Summer Writing Institute
- Project-Based Learning 2.0: Digital Tools for the PBL Classroom
- Project-Based Learning 2.0: High-Quality Culminating Products
- Project-Based Learning Academy (2019-2020 school year)
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Classroom Culture
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Critical Reading, Writing, and Speaking (all content areas)
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Demonstration of Learning
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Essentials for Impact
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Lesson Design