Loose Canons: Critical Approaches to Classic Texts - 25071
Gifted ELAR strategies can be invaluable tools for differentiation, regardless of student reading level or engagement. In this session, we will engage in critical inquiry and examination of the texts we put in front of students. You will practice using higher-order questioning and approaches to improve the critical thinking and independence of your students. In addition, you will engage in using various strategies to elevate the ways in which students interact with texts. NOTE: this session will take place virtually in the form of 2 zoom sessions and online modules. Participants must attend both session and complete these modules to receive full credit.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Instructional Leaders
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Digital Tools in the Secondary Math Classroom: Making Your Own Digital Activities (Webinar) - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Growth without Glitter (GT 6-Hr Update) - Virtual
- Engage by Design Digital Tools Series: Getting Started in Google Classroom - Virtual
- Engage by Design Training
- Including and Instructing Students with Visual Impairment in General Education Classrooms - Online Study - Online
- See Me. Know Me. BE ME!! - An Immersion Experience - Fall 2020 - Online
- Small-Group Math Instruction and Differentiation, Grades 3-8
- TEKS Resource System: Gap Tools - Virtual
- TEKS Resource System: TexGuides - Virtual
- Twitter Toolkit