Structuring the Classroom through the Use of Visual Strategies - Introduction (2-day Training) - Summer 2020 - 24204
Research supports the use of visual strategies as an effective method of improving communication, increasing independence, and reducing anxiety that can lead to challenging behaviors if not addressed. In this two-day learning experience, participants will have the opportunity to develop individual schedules, work systems, and behavioral reminders to support students with autism and other developmental disabilities. The importance of routines, visual systems, and clear concrete expectations will be presented. The training includes presentations, small-group projects, and hands-on experiences. All participants who attend the training may receive a follow-up in their classroom by ESC personnel if requested.
Charter School Personnel, Psychologists, Teacher - Special Education, Paraprofessionals
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 26
Registration Deadline 6/17/2020
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Michael Tucker ESC Region 11
This is a restricted enrollment workshop. A password is required for registration.
Offered Again On
- 6/16/2020 9:00 am
- 2019-2020 Webinar Series: Taking the Helm and Navigating Accountability - Live Online
- Appendix H - Data Sources Webinar Series - Live Online
- Child Nutrition: Administrative Review/Procurement Process
- CPI: Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Initial Two-Day Certification Training
- Hearing Screener Certification
- School Nutrition: Director's Fall Update
- Structuring the Classroom through the Use of Visual Strategies - Introduction (2-day Training) - Summer 2020
- Texas Transition Online - Online
- Tidbit Tuesday (Zoom Only)
- Vision Screener Certification