Help, I Have a Newcomer! - 22617
The session will focus on strategies that both teachers and beginner/intermediate English learners need to survive in a classroom when language is a barrier. Participants will experience activities that can be implemented into the classroom that will benefit all learners. Resources and ideas will be shared to enhance a teachers' "toolkit" when working with English learners. The target audience is teachers new to teaching newcomer English learners.
Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Assistant Principals, Central Office Administrators, Coordinators, Counselors, Directors, Federal Program Directors/Coordinators, Instructional Leaders, Principals, Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - Special Education
New to teaching newcomer English Learners
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 1 wait list seats left
Registration Deadline 11/15/2021 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Melanie Yocom ESC Region 11
This session is closed for registrations.
Offered Again On
- 12/9/2021 9:00 am
- All Aboard! Early Childhood Beginning Teacher Academy (ECSE, PK, K Teachers)
- Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Virtual Networking Meetings - Virtual
- New Teacher of the Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing Virtual Snack and Share - Virtual
- R-1-1 Math Now: K-5 Guided Math - An Asynchronous Professional Learning Session - Online
- R-1-1 Math Now: K-5 Learning Stations - An Asynchronous Professional Learning Session - Online
- R-1-1 Math Now: K-5 Numeracy Routines - An Asynchronous Professional Learning Session - Online
- Rock Your Read-Aloud for Early Childhood Educators - Virtual
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process Training
- Title III Effective Early Childhood Instruction for Young ELs
- Visual Phonics (See the Sound) - Virtual