ESL Supplemental (154) TExES Preparation Course - 21151
With a goal to increase the number of certified English as a Second Language teachers who will effectively deliver instruction to English language learners, this two-day training will provide participants with the research foundation and content addressed in the domains and competencies of the ESL TExES examination. As part of the development of an understanding of second-language acquisition and the challenges facing the English language learner, best practices for effective instruction will be shared. Explanations of sample exam questions will be analyzed as well as test-taking tips and techniques.
Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Title III, Part A, Limited English Proficient SSA Members, Instructional Leaders, Teacher - Bilingual, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left Full
Registration Deadline 2/20/2020
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Janet Trump ESC Region 11
This session has reached its capacity, and is no longer open for enrollment, or has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- CIRCLE Preschool Foundations (Two-Day Training)
- Deepening Independence in Readers and Writers Workshop: Engaging and Purposeful Student-Centered Experiences
- Growing Up Wild
- Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Virtual Networking Meeting (March) - Live Online
- Jennifer Serravallo's Writing Strategies: A Three-Part Series
- Learning the Ropes (Pre-K and Kindergarten Beginning Teacher Academy Series - 3-Day Training) Cohort 2 Spring 2020
- Literacy: Your Pathway to Change the World (Early Childhood Day)
- Patterns of Power
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Essentials for Impact
- What to Do When the Kids Just Don't Get It