ESL Supplemental (154) TExES Preparation Course - 21151
With a goal to increase the number of certified English as a Second Language teachers who will effectively deliver instruction to English language learners, this two-day training will provide participants with the research foundation and content addressed in the domains and competencies of the ESL TExES examination. As part of the development of an understanding of second-language acquisition and the challenges facing the English language learner, best practices for effective instruction will be shared. Explanations of sample exam questions will be analyzed as well as test-taking tips and techniques.
Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Title III, Part A, Limited English Proficient SSA Members, Instructional Leaders, Teacher - Bilingual, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has reached its capacity, and is no longer open for enrollment.
Offered Again On
- Deepening Independence in Readers and Writers Workshop: Engaging and Purposeful Student-Centered Experiences - Virtual
- Early Childhood -- Making the Most of Every Minute - Virtual
- Early Childhood Centers with the Three Ps (Planned, Purposeful, and Playful) - Virtual
- Early Childhood: Introduction to Effective Read Alouds for Pre-K and Kindergarten - Virtual
- Early Childhood: Themes Made Easy in Pre-K - Virtual
- Fostering Critical Thinking in ALL Students: K-5
- Patterns of Power - Virtual
- Pre-K: Extending Learning through Electives - Virtual
- Prekindergarten Guidelines - Starting Off Right! (Two-Day Training)
- Virtual Unlicensed Diabetic Care Assistant (UDCA) Training for School Personnel